Decal Help Needed

TimDarrah

I had a problem that I've never seen before. I used my Revell of Germany kit decals on my AR. E555/1 over a gloss coat and used Solv-a-set on them. One of my decals had an air bubble, or so I thought, I cut it and re-applied Solv-a-set to it, the bubble didn't go away and that area (inside the bubble) turned white. Any ideas on how I can fix it? I have a good paint job on and don't want to have to strip and re-spray that area.

Thanks,

Tim

The bubble may already be gone, and the white is a reaction of the Solvaset to the Future. Happens to me alot. Try applying some Future with a brush over the 'bubble' to see if it wicks underneath to cover the white area. If that happens, then the Future should dry clear again. Mine always does when I re-apply some over any solvaset reactions.

Let me know what happens; maybe also post some pics to show the issue.

Hope this helps.

What you probably have is called "blush". Usually when it thoroughly dries, it goes away. However, being as its under a decal it may take quite a while. Wait a few days/week to see what happens. If it stays white, try Mark's idea. I say wait because once you apply the future over the decal, it's sealed and underneath it may never dry right and the decal won't respond to any other attempts to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

If your gloss coat is future as others have stated, I have a tip thats a bit late but I'll give it anyway. When I use future I never use solvaset. I ruined a nice project doing that when the white spots you described appeared under my decals. I've found micros decal set doesnt react that way. What I normally do is use a diluted mix of water and future as an undecoat before I place the decal. I would second the future into the bubble trick to fix what you have.