"It Ain't my type and/or Dude it's the 80s"!

Mark Aldrich

This is a TWO FER! Can't beat that!!!!! We'll go till end of December (I'll probably need that long)!!! Join in with what and lets have some fun!

I am building....."If Kmart manufactured Weapons". If you have ever listened to Sam Kinison, you have an Idea of where this is going. I had initially planned this in 1/35 scale with the DML SCUD as the base but after seeing how big the ROCKET was, I opted for 1/48. I have built three model cars in my life. A Tamiya 1/12 Monster Beetle RC, a Tamiya 1/12 Nissian 300 Fairlady RC, and a Tamiya 1/24 Nissan 300 Fairlady. The Revell Ford is from, I believe, the 1950s and it shows. I have NEVER built a rocket before. Well, there was the Baby Carriage but that was more an AT rocket than a ROCKET. I believe I have the bases covered. Something from before the 80s and outside my comfort zone!!!!

100_5209.jpg

Good luck with the Arii kit; I bought the whole Patriot missile system set (on clearance) and one of the Scuds, rough, simplified kits that look more like something lined up for an actor in a Godzilla suit to stomp than the actual vehicle.

Already had a set back! I don't like the way the scaleboard looks! Going to go look for a SS-1 or BR-17 version. Man those wheels are monsters!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Here's my current progress. The truck has been a pain from the beginning. I removed all the automobile markings and added armored covers to the side windows. I am attempting to make a set for the front. I also added a bar in the middle to make it easier to make armored covers.

100_5613.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Latest progress. Nothing has still been glued to the frame yet. I need to re-black the lower pieces and probably glue the cab and MAYBE the bed to the frame.

100_5665.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Current Progress as of yesterday! A couple of additions and some clear and we should be closer to decals and markings.

100_6027.jpg

• 2 weeks later...