On-line Group Build

Ron

Who is up for collaborating on an online, simultaneous (as much as is possible) detail build of a F4U-1D Corsair including corrections? Using a 1/32 Trumpeter kit as a base kit, and put a realistic pilot in it (I myself have never done a figure). I need the detail information and scale representation of the finished kit for use as reference for a second, larger project. Anyone interested?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only 1/32 Corsair I have is the 21st Century one, but I'd be willing to join in with that! :)

What's the second project? - a 1/32 carrier to put them all on? ;)

No, this project will serve as a refrence model for me when done. I will of course be posting that project on-line here once I start.

Mr. Bradley. As soon as I can get my kit we will start. The only problem with the different kits will be that any correction I find may not work on yours. But what the heck I'm up for it. What says you?

Just the two of us? Not much of a group!! :o But hey, it would be a fun, quick build. I will be doing a quick conversion on mine - to a Royal Navy Corsair I - hope that's OK, Ron? And I wasn't going to superdetail mine - just enhance what's in the box.

Just the two of us? Not much of a group!! :o But hey, it would be a fun, quick build. I will be doing a quick conversion on mine - to a Royal Navy Corsair I - hope that's OK, Ron? And I wasn't going to superdetail mine - just enhance what's in the box.

Well, unless some more come on-line byt the time we start, I guess so. As for the conversion. No problem I will do everything I can do to assist you. The detail on this one is mostly a prep for the next project. With that said, I will be looking at the landing gear and general overall accuracy. Interior is not a major concern, although it will be looked at.

May I play? I have the Trumpie kit. I don't build very well, and I generally stay within OOB areas.....

I have some detail shots of these areas if you'd like me to post them here?

I would say yes unless the webmaster or moderator have an issue with it. May as well start collecting the information needed. I unfortunatly am still waiting for my kit.

May I play? I have the Trumpie kit. I don't build very well, and I generally stay within OOB areas.....

Ability has nothing to do with this. This is intended as a FREE exchange of information and anybody can and should play! I am hoping that some who have the ability, would be willing to share corrected parts (casts/molded parts) and procedures to the other builders, by offering them for the cost of materials or freely posting the procedure on the forum. That would be facilitated with everyone building the same kit. Mr. Bradley is building a different manufacture kit and some of the corrected parts that might be made may not fit his kit. However, there is absolutely no reason he could not benefit from the information and suggestions posted. Now I just need to emeber how to post the image. :-)

Well, got confirmation of shipment of the kit today. Soon as it gets here I will left you all know and hopefully we can start assesing what we have ahead of us.

Guess I better dig my kit out of storage and start cleaning up the parts...... looking forward to this project!

Got a notification the kit is at the PO, but I was not able to get it. Soon I wil have the kit and we will start. I hope there are more that join once we start.

Glancing at a stack of FSMs in my War Room I was surprised to see a pic of the 1/32 Trumpie Corsair on the cover! What a coincidence! Anyway...its March 2004, Vol 22 No 3. The article will be a good place to begin...it details some of the pro/cons for the Trumpeter kit.

The postman was nice to me today. The Trumpeter 1/32 F4U-1D Corsair arrived. I havent had time to do anything but open the box and sort throught the box. I will have to admit that I had no information about this kit and quite simply picked it because it was large and avaiable, and I certianly had no idea that it came with PE. First glance does reveal a nice kit, LOTS of parts and an apparent lean towards accuracy. Once I can get the vernier caliper out, we will see. more to come.

I think Bob H is offering some sound advice. Let's ask him to move us to the Aircraft Forum.

An idea for everyone to consider....we may end up with a ton of images. I've already got a Photobucket account set up and would be happy to mount and sort pics that you may want to use in a dedicated photo album on Photobucket.

All that would be required is that you send the image to me and I'll push it up to PB. I can place the link within our Build thread that would allow anyone to see the pics 24/7.

Ron...you're the boss.

Ron, should we each start our own build threads, or did you want to contain it all in this one?

Since the purpose of this thread is to do a group build, it would be best to have it on this thread. Anyone working on the project can and should proceed at their pace, but all findings, corrections and other notation should be posted here for the other participants to see. If however you want to post it on a second thread, I wont stop you. However, it would seem as duplication and redundant.

Since this appears to be an aircraft build, may I suggest you take it to the "Aircraft" Group? This Forum is really supposed to be for IPMS/USA business topics.

I'll be happy to relocate this entire thread also, if desirable...

Thanks,

I understand and will differ to your superior intellect. Relocate away.

I think Bob H is offering some sound advice. Let's ask him to move us to the Aircraft Forum.

An idea for everyone to consider....we may end up with a ton of images. I've already got a Photobucket account set up and would be happy to mount and sort pics that you may want to use in a dedicated photo album on Photobucket.

All that would be required is that you send the image to me and I'll push it up to PB. I can place the link within our Build thread that would allow anyone to see the pics 24/7.

Ron...you're the boss.

A single depository for photos would be nice. Are you sure you want to deal with them and E-mail would seem the most practical way to get them to you but then we need to agree on a format and size. I will leave that up to you.

1. We should either start a new thread for the builds, or re-title this one appropriately.

2. I also have a photobucket acocount and it would be easier for me to post from there. :)

3. Can we start yet? :P

Paul,

I don't mind doing the Photobucket thing but I'd suggest we all use the same "bucket". Having a single person manage the album would ensure photo size, story line, and continuity.

Do you know if PB has a way to allow multiple users to post to a single album?

Would you consider managing the images? (If not I'll do it but I do suggest one location for everything)

And perhaps we should leave the relocation decision up to Bob Hester? If he sees that it would be better to move us then he will take that action. Frankly Scarlett, I don't give a .....hoot. I'm ready to roll when you guys say "go".

Ron, do you want us all to work on the same aspect of the kit at the same time or just build away at our own pace sharing resources and pics? Frankly...I'd move slowly so I could benefit from your groundbreaking work.