Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, New York City

philp

Just got back from a Summit for work in the Big Apple. Flew out Saturday so I would have a little time to see some of the sites.

One stop was the Intrepid Museum which consists of the USS Intrepid (with a bunch of planes, etc on it), the USS Growler submarine and a Concorde.

Here are a few of the pics.

PB120012.JPG

PB120031.JPG

PB130111.JPG

PB130112.JPG

PB130080.JPG

And a link to the rest of the album.

https://picasaweb.google.com/115549746726410540917/IntrepidSeaAirSpaceMuseumNewYorkCityNY

Phil,

two questions:

1. Where is the RA-5C?

2. Which member of thye Royal Family was in town? That certainly looks like the same RY I saw in Savannah a few years ago in the background! (HRH Prince Edward, Duke of Kent, was in town, IIRC) Any good pics of it?

Edited by jcorley

Didn't see a Vigilante at all so not sure about that. Looks like most of the planes are on loan from the Pensacola museum. Maybe it went back there?

Didn't hear anything about Royalty being in town but there had been the Veteran's Day celebrations on Friday so is possible someone came in for it.

Did get one other shot of the boat which is in my NYC folder.

PB130091.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the Neptune is gone too.

And of course, let's get rid of the USS Edson so we could have a Concorde. Great decision.

They also used to have a couple of dioramas in 1/700 scale of US and Japanese ships. I heard they trashed those. But hey, we have a Lego USS Intrepid!

Idiots.