HELP WANTED

fmitche

READER WARNING:I am posting this message on a number of websites so that I can reach the maximum number of people, so don’t be surprised if you see it in several places.

Attention IPMS/USA members (or ex-members):

I am gathering material for a possible attempt at writing a history of the organization. Due to my advanced and decrepit age, I have pretty much everything ever published by the Society dating from June, 1965.

If you have anything dating from BEFORE that date, please drop me an email and tell me what you have.

I will of course pay what is the going rate for old modeling information; i.e., zero--

Frank

I have a bunch of early IPMS Magazines, so early that they are the UK magazine with a 4 page "wrap-around" that detailed the happenings in IPMS/USA. I don't know how far back they go. I'll look.

Hi Frank,

It sounds like a noble task. I am assuming that you have some good contacts with some of the people in Detroit. I remember meetings where we would be stuffing the IPMS UK magazine in an envelope along with the IPMS US communication to send to the members. This sounds like what David describes.

Also, I hope that you will include some story about the famous (or infamous) Vol 1, No. 5 Quarterly.