Hasegawa 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS.1

JeffS

Here is my Hasegawa Sea Harrier FRS.1. A wonderful build if you haven't done one. The kit is scribed, as fair amount of detail and several decal options. This one is done in 800 SQDN, HMS Hermes in 1982. And we all know what was going down on HMS Hermes in the spring of 82.

The kit comes with a boarding ladder which is a nice touch.

100_7070.jpg

100_7073.jpg

100_7074.jpg

Thanks for looking

Very nice work, Jeff! The boarding ladder is a nice touch.

Wasn't the Hermes on a mission to get back some rocks or something? :smiley2: Really had all of the penguins there in a mild state of confusion too (sorry, I could not resist an old Bloom County reference). :smiley4:

Later,

Lee

As I recall they were busy schooling some Skyhawks and Mirages on the art of air to air combat. Very nice build. Always more interesting to me when you know the history behind a build.

Chris

As I recall they were busy schooling some Skyhawks and Mirages on the art of air to air combat. Very nice build. Always more interesting to me when you know the history behind a build.

Chris

I could not agree more, Chris. It's always a pleasure to learn something about what you are looking at. BTW Pablo Calcaterra over on MM has done some simply marvelous work on the Falklands War as he has built an array of 1/48 Argentine subjects and filled in quite a few blanks from their perspective on the war. Last week was a Mirage build...you can check it out here:

http://modelingmadness.com/reviews/mod/fr/calm3e.htm

He also has done a Pucara and A-4 as well off the top of my head.

Jeff, again, a very nice build.

Later,

Lee

• 2 weeks later...