The "guess Which Sf Classic Game!"

papasmurf

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm looking at this image, I have a notion, but I'm sitting this round out, I see what it "might be", take a good look players. :smiley15:

As the game seems to have lost it's momentum, no fault of Mike, I will begin a new round of 20 images beginning this week. I've sent Mike two PM's, asking he reveal the last image he posted, as the three day time limit, expired several days ago.

I've decided a 4 day time limit, is adequate, same 3 guesses per player applies. Hopefully my loyal stats-keeper, will help keep the record straight through this grueling event! :smiley29:

If the lack of interest continues, I guess we'll just have to shelve the game. :smiley15:

Sorry guys, it's been a busy weeken with the holidays and all and I have pretty much neglected the last image.

Anyway, the name of the movie was 'Equilibrium' starring Christan Bale and Emily Watson. Also appearing in the film were William Fichtner and Dominic Purcell (who has also starred together in Fox's hit series Prison Break).

This is a great film sort of in the same vein as 1984 in a post apacalyptic / dystopian world where emotion is regulated and punishable in the most extreme ways. The film also features a very unique form of fighting called 'Gun Kata' - a gun based martial art.

2002_equilibrium_006.jpg

Thanks Mike! Indeed, those fighting scenes, very "Matrix" style, were awesome!! Great film, I highly recommend it! :smiley20:

Tough, tough game to host. Tough enough films so that our couple of super stars can't just pick them off but enough clues so that the rest of us have a "chance" or at least enough to make a guess or two. A nearly impossible task. . .

Mike :smiley23:

Well put, and very accurate.

Maybe the two of you could "co-host" a round... thereby making it "easy" enough that somebody besides Mike D has a chance to win without him guessing everything on the first try! :smiley16:

• 2 months later...

Good suggestion, he's too good, would give others more incentive to compete. If I can find time to re-start the game, in the future, I will, but it got so popular, that it was too time consuming. I'm heavily swamped, hence my desire to step down as mod, a couple of months ago. But, without the game, I'm happy to stick around, as it's nowhere near as busy.

Times are tough right now, gotta work extra hard to keep the biz afloat.

I'm sure many of you can relate. :blink: