Leopard Colors

Weedeater

TreadHead* Duuuudes,

- What are the best representative, "outta-the-bottle" Model Master Enamel paints to use for NATO Green and NATO Black to be used on the Hobby Boss Leopard? If options exist, I would prefer a "scaled" color out of the bottle as a base and then I'll take care of the highlights and shadows separately. Thanks for your advice/help in advance. Model on, Brothers of the Sprue.

* Buu....buu....But Mark said it wasn't an ugly worrrrdd!

Edited by Weedeater

Ken,

It's not!!!! I used the Model Master black and Medium green whenever I painted NATO camoflague. I however, have NEVER worried about scale effect. Mostly because being a treadhead and before the invention of CARC, we used to mix the paint with anything from paint thinner to red dyed gasoline (Germany) to shoot it through our airguns.

Mark

The best representatives I've used are Testor's Euro Dark Green, Testor's Olive Drab, and Testor's Aircraft Interior Black. All are Model Master colors. I also use the Testor's Leather for the brown. I use the same colors (substituting Testor's Dark Green for the Euro Dark Green) for my MERDC schemes as well.

If you'd like to see some pics of my Leopards, let me know. I'll post them so you can see what I did.

The best representatives I've used are Testor's Euro Dark Green, Testor's Olive Drab, and Testor's Aircraft Interior Black. All are Model Master colors. I also use the Testor's Leather for the brown. I use the same colors (substituting Testor's Dark Green for the Euro Dark Green) for my MERDC schemes as well.

If you'd like to see some pics of my Leopards, let me know. I'll post them so you can see what I did.

Mark,

Post away.

Mark,

Post away.

You got it. Here goes:

Leopard 2A6 with Olive Drab, Leather, and Aircraft Interior Black:

German_Leopard_2A6.jpg

German_Leopard_2A6b.jpg

Leopard 1A5 with Euro Dark Green, Leather and Aircraft Interior Black (Sorry for the poor pic here. I have to take a new one soon):

German%20Leopard%201A5%20II.jpg

Leopard 2A5 with Euro Dark Green, Leather, and Aircraft Interior Black:

German%20Leopard%202A5_001.jpg

I got another Leopard 2A4 pic but it is too poor to see the colors clearly so I'll have to re-take it later. Anyway, I do hope these help.

By the way, these tanks are all in 1/72 scale.

Duke,

They all look great. Was just hard to see the color difference. Thought maybe my colorblindeness was playing tricks on me.

Mark :smiley20:

Duke,

Love seeing other Tread heads pictures. Having a great day today. Firing away in the paint booth to allow completion of another TANK! In between shoots I am actually working on my IAF "What If" Corsair (keep that a secret though) people might think I am going soft!

Mark :smiley20:

Duke's got it right IMHO. My experience with tanks painted in the NATO CARC paint is that fading is not very dramatic. For the most part, fine layers of dust and grime are evident more than fading, especially on factory- or depot-painted vehicle.