Not Quite a Diorama.

Mark Deliduka

But it would fit well on one!

This is my Blacksmith shop I had to build when I got it in November. Since I used to blacksmith 1820's style, I figured I needed this. It sure brings back memories!

Anyway, here it is:

Blacksmith%20ShopI.jpg

Blacksmith%20ShopII.jpg

Blacksmith%20ShopIII.jpg

And that is my absolute final model for 2009!

Feel free to check out my other finished models in the Armor Forums as well.

Thanks all for looking, comments are welcome.

Nice weathered finish Duke. All that's missing is the clanging of the hammer on the anvil!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Gil! I agree. I love the sound of a blacksmith hammer on anvil!. Gee, maybe I should try to find a hammer.....

Nice work Mark - thanks for posting!

Was this a kit?

Yes Tim, it was a kit. The company that made it is AHM Minikits; it's a company that makes buildings and accessories for HO model railroad layouts. I saw it being looked at by a fellow IPMS member at the Brewer Brothers Model Show and asked if he was going to get it. He said no so I bought it right there. I'm glad I got this.

Thanks Mark,

There used to be many of the HO scale kits around, but don't see them too often these days.

Looks cool, did it come with interior details?

Chris

Looks cool, did it come with interior details?

Chris

Not too many. The interior floor looks awesome, but there is no interior detail on the inside of the walls. In fact, I did scratch a door on the inside of one wall, leading to the small room on the side as there was nothing there. Very crude, but in the dark of looking through the door, it looks well enough. For accessories, it did come with a wagon wheel, an anvil on a stump, a cooling bucket, a ladder and a grindstone. Some of these could easily be placed inside if you wished, but it would be difficult to see them through the large doors so I positioned mine outside.

I have to take a new photo showing my shop with the wagon wheel and grindstone outside of it; I just noticed they are not there. I wouldn't mind finding some extra small scale furniture or other detail items to add to this; I did leave the main roof unglued so I could open it up again and add more to it should I get more.