This shouldn't need to be said....HOWEVER...

Please do ME, the 2024 Nats Team, and the E-board a HUGE favor by NOT calling the 2024 Nationals venue asking for information. It is NOT their job, nor is it their responsibility, to satisfy your personal need to have information ahead of everyone else. The venue has already contacted me directly asking for the phone calls to cease. No IPMS member should be contacting the venue and demanding free parking and lower hotel rates, neither of which are the venue's responsibility.

I have instructed the Monona Terrace staff and my personal POC (Point of Contact) to not field calls from anyone within IPMS EXCEPT for the 24 Nationals team and the Executive board.

This behavior is unacceptable. All it does is convolute the process and spread rumors, false information, and outright fabrications pertaining to the '24 Nats, which I am already having to deal with, and we aren't even past San Marcos yet. We are more than one year out from Madison, so there are LOTS of things that haven't even been discussed yet. The Monona Terrace staff only knows what I and the E-board have told them thus far pertaining to the convention. They know nothing of the floorplan, or the menu, or the schedule of events, because none of those items have been addressed yet.

The sole purpose of this forum is to address questions you have. There's already a list of things we can and cannot answer at this time. Please show the team a little trust and respect and let them do their jobs instead of running around responding to half-truths and rumors. If you have LEGITIMATE questions for the venue, such as handicapped accessibility or things of that nature, we will be HAPPY to convey those questions to them in our regularly scheduled meetings. But PLEASE, bring your questions to US, not the venue.

(EDIT - This situation today, over the weekend, and then the personal attacks from IPMS members already accusing us of not doing our jobs, has put me in a not-so-friendly state of mind.)

Jeff Herne
2024 IPMS National Convention Chairman
IPMS/USA Region 5 Coordinator.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Well, IPMS attendees are the same people that complain about the price of kits. Because kits should still be $1 at Ben Franklin Crafts or the local drug store. So I am not surprised.

Here is a friendly tip. If the hotel at the convention is too expensive, book an AirBnB.

And how expensive can parking possibly be? Price out an Uber and you will see parking is cheap.

Edited by ctruss53

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...