Kotare 1/32nd Spitfire

Dakimbrell

Got the kit on March 27 and started it immediately. No engine or gun bays, but a very detailed cockpit. Lots of decal instruments and plaques. The seatbelts I used are from Eduard, but they include one seat with the belts molded in place. No photo-etch in the kit. Fit is very good, and the instructions are VERY similar to the WNW instructions. There is even some rigging in the cockpit. Mine will be DW-K in a diorama. I'll send my article on it to the Journal in a couple weeks.

BTW, in the course of picking figures, I found the "Eddie" figure in the Revell Iron Maiden kit is actually the same figure in an ICM set, except for the head.

Dak

IMG_7665.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7876.jpg

IMG_7890.jpg

IMG_7892.jpg

• Like 1

For those looking for a good making material, I recommend children's modeling clay. It doesn't sink into things the way Silly Putty does.

Dak

IMG_7994.jpg

IMG_7995.jpg

IMG_7996.jpg

No, no residue to speak of. I had a tiny bit get caught in a seam but was easy to remove. It doesn’t stick hard unless you press it down real hard. 

The first time I saw it done was 1969. But haven’t had any around in years and had to go find it. 

Dak

• Like 1