Suggestions on how to simulate gun shrouds

TonyD

Working on my first ship model in a long time, the Tamiya Waterline series Scharnhorst. The images I found show most turreted guns; the large main guns plus some of the Aux 150 mm guns, have 'shrouds' where the gun barrels exit the turrets. I'm guessing these were canvas weathershields or some such. They appear to be a natural or buff color.

Anyway, I was wondering what methods of simulating these might be? I was thinking of applying white glue to simply fill in the gaps (the model is 1/700 scale so the parts are quite small) and then painting them.

In the past I used wet tissue applied with white glue for similar 'shields' around 1/35 scale tank turreted guns.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Both suggestions will work well.  White glue for small scales and tissue for larger ones.  The advantage of white glue applied to the guns is that as it dries it will produce wrinkles which looks quite realistic.  The amount of white glue applied will dictate the size of the wrinkles in the canvas.  A little experimentation will tell you how much you prefer.