New IPMS Numbers?

RJackson

As a perc this year, we have been providing IPMS memberships for chapter members.  Once they get their membership, we log it so we have it at year-end for the charter renewal.  Everyone seems to be getting a large number (ex. 63548946) in their confirmation email instead of the traditional 5-digit number.  So far, none have received a membership card.  Our chapter contact can't find anything but the large number on the new chapter roster on-line.  I've seen it and my membership also shows the large number instead of the one I've had for 40 years.

Is this a new system or are we just looking in the wrong place?  How do we get the correct number for the re-charter?

Rick

First, you can print your own membership card in the new system. Its in your profile.

The larger Member number is part of the new system - new members will get the eight digit number.  Members prior to the system change still have their 1-5 digit membership number in their profile - they also have the eight digit number but that's not used as the IPMS #

Eric