Vintage Testors 1:32 Scale YF-22

CCarvalho

Hello All,

Craig C. here. I'm new to the forum. Came here looking to find info on any upcoming expos. Thought I would upload some images of a recent build. 

I built this model back in the late 90's when it first came out, and thought I would give it another try. I found this one on eBay at a good price, ($45 shipped). This kit is challenging as there are so many ill fitting parts, but today with all the tools and materials available online to modelers it can make for a decent display. Pardon my photos. I going to have to construct my own light box for a model of this size... WIP. There isn't much detail OOTB, so I added some photo-etch parts... F-15 cockpit instrumentation and ejection seat harnesses. Really wasn't anything I could find in this scale for the F-22. I also removed the needle from the nose cone and reshaped it to more closely resemble the production version. Took a total of about 4 months to complete, (that includes time waiting for parts and paint to ship). Hope you all enjoy them

IMG_1356.JPG

IMG_1357.JPG

IMG_1396.JPG

IMG_1378.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1439.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome Craig to these boards and well done on that incredible model! You've done a brilliant job. I also don't mind the backdrops you had for these pics. Especially the first pic; what great eye candy!