Hghlighting equipment

slodogg62

I'll second the drybrushing. I've found that is the easiest way, and the one that lasts the longest. (it's been my experience that I end up losing the chalk/pastel that I put on things)

I use chalks and pastels sparingly. The main reason is that I am not that good with them. Once you are happy, you have to clear coat or they do come off.

For tools and such, I paint them a slightly different shade of the base color (assuming they are not bare metal). Paint color can look different on different surfaces and materials. Then drybrush them a lighter shade of the color they are painted. For seats, I go along with the rest of the crowd with drybrushing.

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Pat........try spraying a basecoat, then spraying a lighter shade for contrast, either in the center to the edges or the edges to the center. Follow it up with a couple of contrasting colors of drybrushing...Greens/Yellow....Browns/red.......Gray/White........Yellows/Whites.......I find oils works good for blending. If you like, try some pigments. For reference, try ordinary life. Look at vehicles such as Construction Equipment and pick up trucks.........you pick up a lot of mental images that way..........For Flesh Tones, I try that site that Gil Hodges reccomended........awwwwwwwnevermind. :smiley17: