1/48 Airfix Junkers JU-87B-1 Stuka

Wolfman63

The Stuka diorama is now finished! I assembled, painted and weathered all eight figures. The figures came out fine considering this is the first time I painted full figures.  The aircraft was then mounted to the base along with the accessory vehicles, aircraft panels, and the maintenance ladder. I placed the fuel drums and one jerry can off to the side. I then added the figures. Two high ranking officers were placed standing on the edge of the runway. Two others in uniforms were placed running the power cart with one of them bringing a jerry can. The four others in coveralls were placed with one getting ready to hook up the aircraft power, one grabbing a tool box on the tractor, one moving the aircraft panels, and one on the maintenance ladder working on the upper cooler.  With everything in place I am happy with how it turned out.

The Airfix kit itself is a nice kit to build. The fit and details were very good. Only wish they would have provided an option to only have a couple of panels off. The kit decals that I used were all very good as well. It did not take an excessive amount of decal solvent to get them to conform to the underlying details. Thanks for following along, Now for the final photos:

You can see all the photos and details from the start to finish in my build log at https://davidsscalemodels.com/build-log/1-48-ju-87b-1-stuka/

dscn4890.jpg

dscn4893.jpg

dscn4896.jpg

dscn4900.jpg

dscn4906.jpg

dscn4912.jpg

dscn4914.jpg