Revell F-18E Super bug

WildBill50

Hi guys,

I thought I forgot how to model. I been looking at everyone's builds and finally got back in the game. I started this in January while I was away for a few days and just kept up the momentum when I got back. I really liked this kit, very easy to put together with no real faults except the attachment of the side fuselage pieces. Take your time and you will be rewarded. I deviated from the instructions by adding the front fuselage before putting on the upper section with the wings. I was able to mate the pieces a lot better this way without a gap. It was built out of the box using MM Acryls and Enamels. Gloss coated with Future stuff (whatever they are calling it this week). I decaled and another coat of clear was put on. I used a Payne's gray oil wash then with another Future coat and finally a clear flat coat of MM Acryl. Hope you like it and all comments are appreciated.

Hornet%20Skyhawk%20F-5F%20044_zpsewzn9l1

Hornet%20Skyhawk%20F-5F%20041_zpss3gzy2a

Hornet%20Skyhawk%20F-5F%20040_zpskliyqan

Hornet%20Skyhawk%20F-5F%20049_zps2abf4vt

• Like 1

Hi, Bill,

It's great to see this completed at such a great pace. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person at our next meeting (on 3/18). Your WIP report at the last meeting had you singing the praises of Revell for this kit.

Ed

Thanks guys

When a kit comes along every once in a while that grabs you and is not beating you up at every turn, even I can make something look half way presentable. This to me was one of those kits; a pretty easy build that kept me engaged to finish it.

I just got home from the Indianapolis contest/show. I brought this down there for some table eye wear basically and came home with a third place trophy. Talk about surprised.

• 3 weeks later...

That is a good looking F-18! It embarrasses me to say I started that kit after the 2008 Virginia Beach Convention but somehow got sidetracked and never finished it. Your build gives me inspiration to pull that kit back out and finish it!

Do it!

It built up really well...except for those rear parts of the side panels. This was one of the fastest models I have completed.

Edited by WildBill50