Revell Pocket Snowspeeder

philp

Well, started my year with a preprinted snap together Revell Star Wars build so what better way to end it than with another.

PC310033.JPG

This is the pocket Snowspeeder as seen in TESB. The kit I got was from Squadron and they seem to have their own packaging for it. All the parts are cut out which meant some clean up and trying to figure out which guy sits up front and which in back?

I decided to go red striped helmet as the pilot and blue striped as the gunner but who knows.

PC310034.JPG

While I didn't do any repainting to the kit I did add a little brown Detail It wash to the guys as they were pretty stark. Not sure if you can see the difference here but the pilot has had the wash applied and the gunner is waiting his turn.

Kit snaps together pretty well. I did add some Proweld to the guys to make sure they stay in their seats and in a couple other strategic places but otherwise it is snapped as is. Putting the top and bottom fuselage together was a little pressure intensive and if you get this one for the kids, they may need a little help. I probably should have cut off the pins and just glued the parts together but wanted to see how it worked as designed.

PC310035.JPG

PC310036.JPG

PC310037.JPG

PC310039.JPG

While definitely can use a bit more work to hide some of the clicky bits (like the front of the windshield, etc) and probably some repainting to make it a serious model I am happy with the results and at right around an hour to do, the perfect ending for 2012.

Those Revell kits are fairly nice; I've built a few of them with my young son. Light years ahead of the MPC snap kits that came from Return of the Jedi and superior to the AMT/Ertl snap kits from The Phantom Menace.

The small foil bagged kits of the Jedi starfighters and Vader's TIE are exceptionally well detailed kits.

The red stripe is most likely Luke Skywalker and the blue stripe is probably the late Dak who got crushed by the AT-AT.

Right on Phil! That looks great, especially for a snap-together model. That would make a real attractive model when detailed out to the nines. I also like the wash you gave to the crew. It definitely improved them a lot.

• 7 months later...

And if you have the membership you get an extra 10% off.

I will probably pick up another and do a full repaint and detail to it. Still a lot cheaper than the resin kit.