Good Evening Troops,
I am Mark Young and I am a glutton for punishment. Having stepped into the job of getting the Chapter Newsletters passed around, I have done a lot of work updating and upgrading the previous system. Nothing at all against Fred or David, just newer technology needed to be applied. Read: The mass of mail got way too large for Gmail to handle, so something had to be done.
Anyway, I want every IPMS member with an email address to receive the Newsletters. Many are served by their respective Chapter Contacts, and I rely on them heavily to get the word out. Many people are not associated with a Local Chapter and are floating out there in the hinterlands of our modeling world. They (You?) need love too.
Please help me get the word out to everyone you know. The following, or a reasonable facsimile, is to be posted in an upcoming Journal. In order to jump the gun a bit and deal at a more personal level, I'll start here.
For those not aware, there are some 30 Chapter Newsletters being produced by some very dedicated and talented individuals within the respective chapters. I have recently taken over the national distribution of these Chapter Newsletters. My goal is delivery of the Newsletters to every IPMS member with an email. I need a bit of help in achieving that goal.
1. Chapter Contacts – Please open the emails with IPMS Newsletter Distribution, sent via Mail Chimp, in the subject line. They are not SPAM. So far, only 55% of the emails are being opened on a regular basis. I want to see 100%.
2. Chapter Contacts – Please forward the email to all the members in your chapter.
3. Chapter Contacts – If you have not been receiving these emails, please contact me with a current name and email address. I will be happy to add your chapter to the distribution list. Several of the links on the IPMS websites are not valid. While you are at it, let the Director of Local Chapters know of any changes.
4. Chapter Contacts – If your chapter publishes a Newsletter that is not being distributed nationally and you want it seen by everyone, please send the Newsletter to me. PDF format is preferred. A link to the Newsletter will work as long as I can download it.
5. Individual IPMS Members – If you are not in a chapter and not receiving the Newsletter emails, please send me your name and address. I’ll get you added in.
Let’s make the Newsletters available to everyone. Please send any submissions or correspondence to:
IPMS Newsletter Distribution guy.