Jump to content

jlent

IPMS/USA Member
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About jlent

  • Rank
    SnapTite
  • Birthday August 30

Profile Information

  • FirstName
    John
  • LastName
    Lent
  • IPMS Number
    44852
  • Local Chapter
    Tidewater
  • City
    Carrollton
  • State
    VA
  • Gender
    Male
  • Interests
    I build 1/72 scale aircraft; when I was 26, it seemed like a good idea at the time--more shelf space; but now not so sure. I'm still committed. My special interests are World War I, American interwar period, and U.S. Air Force aircraft.

Recent Profile Visitors

76 profile views
  1. How did it go at your contest yesterday?....you had a fine build and I hope it did well.
  2. Thank you for the follow-up; again you did a fine job on the C-118, and look forward to seeing more of your work!
  3. Wanted to congratulate on your fine work on the Heller C-118...well done! I wanted to ask you, for the size of the model, how much weight did you have to put in the nose of the aircraft to keep it level? Job well done!
  4. Mark - Wanted to thank you for the welcome and your thoughts on my triplane. I have to admit, I had a weak moment; the triplane I built was the 1/48 scale Eduard Kit. That said, I have 5 or 6 1/72 scale triplane kits in my stash that I will get to soon. Right now, I'm working the 1/72 Italeri Fiat CR 32 that I hope to have ready for Nationals. Look forward to future discussions on the forum!
  5. Hey Gil - I think you did a great job on your triplanes! I worked on the 1/48 Eduard kit and enjoyed the build. I agree with you that some of the kit parts were challenging...I broke one of the I-struts; it wouldn't fit right in the mid wing slot, and when I tried to pull it out...well. I fixed the strut and sanded it before placing it back into position. I experimented with different ways to accomplish the streaking effect too. I ended up using Tamiya light blue acrylic as the base and then I sprayed a semi-gloss coat on the wings and fuselage. I did that to reduce the chance losing the blue paint when I did the streaking. I used Testors olive drab enamel and applied it using an angled brush. I still lost some of the blue paint on the wing ribs, so I decided to shoot a very diluted Tamiya light blue and that did the trick. One of the things I had a hard time with was the tail plane. The aircraft was flown by Lt Werner Steinhauser of Jasta 11. The Eduard instructions showed the tail plane yellow with red stripes, but the Osprey book showed a red tail with yellow stripes. In a later version of Steinhauser's triplane, the Osprey book showed it with a Balkan Cross and a yellow tail and red stripes; since my version had the Maltese Cross, I went with the Osprey variant. I attached a couple of pictures of my triplane. Again, your triplane collection was well done!
×
×
  • Create New...