Revell 57 Chevy Black Widow

Alyn

The weather was nice Sunday, so I snapped some outdoor pictures on my Revelle 57 Chevy Black Widow. I cut off the roof and reshaped the rear deck to turn it into a convertible. The interior floor and dash are modified to represent bare structural panels. The interior side panels and covertible top frame are scratch built. The 150 trim was sanded off the sides and replaced with holes replicating the shape of the Bel-Aire trim. Engine and chassis are weathered with various details scratch built.

The car depicts a budget project that is just rolling out of the paint booth.

Img_2787b-vi.jpg

Img_2783b-vi.jpg

Img_2769b-vi.jpg

Img_2781b-vi.jpg

Edited by Alyn

That is really cool. I'm building Revells 55 Chevy for my Dad as a Christmas present. What paint brand did you use?

That is really cool. I'm building Revells 55 Chevy for my Dad as a Christmas present. What paint brand did you use?

Thanks, guys. This was a very interesting car to build. The paint is Tamiya blue, but I"m not sure of the number.

Man Alyn....you've done some mighty fine scratch building. The interior panels really look good. The frame for the top is really cool!! This would look great as a small Diorama.... Maybe if you had it in front of the paint shop door( or front of the building) as it is rolled out. I really enjoyed looking at this build...

Man Alyn....you've done some mighty fine scratch building. The interior panels really look good. The frame for the top is really cool!! This would look great as a small Diorama.... Maybe if you had it in front of the paint shop door( or front of the building) as it is rolled out. I really enjoyed looking at this build...

Thanks, Gary. A diorama is a definite possibility some time down the road.

I lucked out today and came across a front clip. It's a bit rough, but original, so I'll make it work. I've already had to weld in a replacement panel on the front of the drivers side fender; a lamp post was laying on the part of the clip when I first looked at it. A trip through the paint booth and it'll match right up with the rest of the car.

Img_2832b-vi.jpg

Img_2834b-vi.jpg

Img_2805b-vi.jpg

Img_2798b-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Man ...oh Man.... That front clip looks AWESOME... Where did you get the milk crate??? Have I ridden in few cars with seats like that!..It hurt my skinny(at the time) little rear too!!laugh.gifGreat stuff Alyn..

Thanks, Gary. milk crates and 5 gallon plastic buckets were always the best seats. I scratch built the milk crate using some heavy plastic netting from the local craft store. It's kind of rubbery, so gluing it was a challenge. I ended up using epoxy, but even that was marginal.