Opel Blitz 3tons small scale

PawelP

Hi,

I make mainly aircrafts, but sometimes I build a military truck's models.

Below is one of few ...

10.jpg

11.jpg

19.jpg

36.jpg

41.jpg

46.jpg

48.jpg

Edited by PawelP

Stunning work! Makes mine look like toys. Beautiful job on the airbrush work. I also wish I could get my washes to look that good too!

Mark,

Easy ... I think my job in military cars may be a correct base ... maybe that I have seen mine friend's model ... in the same scale ...

34.jpg

... coming back to Opel ...

Full details from building process are here : History and model ... (in polish language ...)

and about wash .... a few details ... here: Wash ...

It is very nice Pawel. It is very difficult to get a camouflage scheme done on a vehicle in that scale and not have the paint get too thick.

Mark, washes are very easy to learn how to do. It just takes practice until you get a feel for what the correct ratio of thinner to paint is. A fine tip brush is also required to get a pin wash down. You also have to have a bit of patience since you do not want to start a wash until the paint is fully cured. To make it easier, I often paint in enamels and wash in acrylics so the wash thinner doesn't effect the paint job.

....To make it easier, I often paint in enamels and wash in acrylics so the wash thinner doesn't effect the paint job.

In Opel's case the base colors were applied using acrylic Vallejo, and for the wash was used artistic enamel with thinner.

It needs more time to dry, but for me is more realistic or if You would like "more natural".

Wash on Opel was applied into two phases.

1) At first was used thin fraction (with more thinner)

I waited a fen minuted (max. 10-15).

2)After that was used thick fraction (with more enamel).

It naturally filled the "depressions", panel lines and etc.

Is good leave it to dry on a 1-2 days and in next step it may be saved, applying one layer colorless acrylic

paint (matt, semi-gloss, or gloss - depends what is needed).

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll keep trying, but I feel like I've been practicing for years and still can't seem to get it right. I'll try some more of these techniques as well.