Calendar topics

This was asked earlier and I don't remember the answer. Who sees the calendar when we mark dates? Is it each individual has his/her own or everyone logged in see it?

Mark

Edited by Mark Aldrich

This was asked earlier and I don't remember the answer. Who sees the calendar when we mark dates? Is it each individual has his/her own or everyone logged in see it?

Mark

Mark,

I believe there is only a single, global calendar -- anyone can add events to it and everyone sees everything.

We want members to plug in their chapter events, other local events that might be of interest (air shows, tank clanks, etc).

It's probably not the best place to record a personal calendar but otherwise it's for things of IPMS & modeling interest.

Check the Help topic at the top of the screen and scroll about 2/3 down the list of topics to find how to use it.

I'm throwing this out there for discussion....do we want to use the calendar as a location for vendors or others to advertise special sales? I notice Mark added a note for Dec. 11....Any thoughts?

Wait,

Now I am confused. Dick said that the calendar was only visible to me. I thought I went and removed the event and left it as a reminder to myself. Is it still visible to all? Did not mean to do that.

Wait,

Now I am confused. Dick said that the calendar was only visible to me. I thought I went and removed the event and left it as a reminder to myself. Is it still visible to all? Did not mean to do that. Confusion fixed. All is good in the IPMS/USA forum world!!!

Dennis said:

I'm throwing this out there for discussion....do we want to use the calendar as a location for vendors or others to advertise special sales?

I would rather keep it for the clubs to get out information about when they are doing something; meeting nights, contests, special events, etc. It might be a good tool for showing people that there is more to a club than just modeling.

Mark, and all others.

I made an error in my post about the calendar. If you add an event to the calendar, there is a setting to make it visible to everyone, or to yourself only.

So yes, you can put personal items out there but be sure to find the option that makes it visible to yourself only.

However, there is still only one calendar, so you, personally, will see all global events plus your personal events -- that is, it won't be a "you-only" calendar.

Sorry for that error ...