P-40 nears the finish line

David M. Knights

Which shows why there's always such a debate about the colors under these windows (see also: P-47s). The way to think about is, what would be easier to paint in 1:1 scale?

Sweet B model, David. Very nice. We should work up a collection of Flying Tigers' P-40s from the various people we know for the nationals someday!

--Chris

Thanks. We actually have a member of our club who is a AVG nut. I've helped him compile info on all the AVG markings available in 72nd scale on decal sheets so he can do an article and list of all the AVG P-40s that could be built using the available decal sheets. Now, I must need to get him to finish the darn article!

My intention is to do a number of P-40s from the AVG.

Thanks. We actually have a member of our club who is a AVG nut. I've helped him compile info on all the AVG markings available in 72nd scale on decal sheets so he can do an article and list of all the AVG P-40s that could be built using the available decal sheets. Now, I must need to get him to finish the darn article!

My intention is to do a number of P-40s from the AVG.

I'd like to do the same thing except in 1/48 scale, David. I've got the Old Aeromaster AVG set and a few odds and ends.

Later,

Lee

A display of AVG P-40s could be fun. I have a couple that I need to repair. The neat thing about them is that they have autographs of a few of the AVG pilots. :D