Who do I talk to about splitting up classes?

Who on the board do I talk to about splitting up a class or tow?

I don't really want to discuss it here on the board where everyone can chime in. I have some ideas and some data tha would support my ideas. I would just like to connect with whoever has the ability to even talk about changing classes.

Thanks

The Eboard doesn't handle such matters. It's done by the Head Category judges and the Chief Judge. Contact Phil Perry at ncc@ipmsusa.org. and given that the national model contest is only a few weeks away, don't expect a quick response as I imagine Phil will be a little preoccupied. 

Edited by Ron Bell

Ron's right.... you'll want to submit your "data" and your suggestions supported by your data to the NCC. You can hand deliver them to the NCC members if you'll be at Madison. However, if your intention is to suggest splits for THIS Nats.... it's VERY unlikely. The NCC is doing everything it can to get things ready for this Nats, and with all of the hoopla from last fall and a new model registration/model contest paperwork system to deal with; their plate is FULL. 

As for not wanting to discuss your ideas here..... While you have to deal with people who may not like them, I've found most of the debate to be well worth it since an idea often needs to "survive" an outside/objective point of view to be truly viable. I've experienced plenty of pushback over the years, but it's been mostly fact based and civil. 

Gil :cool:

40 minutes ago, Ron Bell said:

The Eboard doesn't handle such matters. It's done by the Head Category judges and the Chief Judge. Contact Phil Perry at ncc@ipmsusa.org. and given that the national model contest is only a few weeks away, don't expect a quick response as I imagine Phil will be a little preoccupied. 

Thank you for the contact info.

I was not expecting this to be figured out for this year.  Or even possibly next year. This was really just to start the discussion.

2 minutes ago, ghodges said:

Ron's right.... you'll want to submit your "data" and your suggestions supported by your data to the NCC. You can hand deliver them to the NCC members if you'll be at Madison. However, if your intention is to suggest splits for THIS Nats.... it's VERY unlikely. The NCC is doing everything it can to get things ready for this Nats, and with all of the hoopla from last fall and a new model registration/model contest paperwork system to deal with; their plate is FULL. 

As for not wanting to discuss your ideas here..... While you have to deal with people who may not like them, I've found most of the debate to be well worth it since an idea often needs to "survive" an outside/objective point of view to be truly viable. I've experienced plenty of pushback over the years, but it's been mostly fact based and civil. 

Gil :cool:

You make a good point about discussing things here to kind of get a feeler for how well things are recieved. Maybe I'll start a thread about it.

And like my other reply. I'm not looking for change this year, or possibly even next year. I know changes like this are a process.

• Like 1

Generally, the NCC adheres to a sort of three year parameter. They'll 'watch' a category for three years and monitor the number of entries. As our conventions move around the country, that way the possibility of a particular local slant is minimized. If they see that the number of entries grows and looks to keep growing, they may add and/or split a category to accommodate that growth. However, sometimes new categories are added/deleted without undergoing this process when other factors intervene. The NCC will be having their annual meeting at Madison. If you will be there you can attend and see how all this works. 

• Like 2