Milestone Achieved, Ready for Inspection

Mark Deliduka

As you know, I completed my 900th model back in February. After some time, I was able to arrange to have all 900 of them placed on display at our local Knights of Columbus/St. Crispin's Irregulars hall. These were set up on 8x3 foot tables and numerous pictures were taken; and I kept them up for three days so people could come and see them all. I also edited these pics to be a bit bigger than usual so a little mode detail can be seen.

Without further ado, here are the pictures of the:

full

The first thing I did was to set up all the German railroad equipment I have. I apologize for the poor quality of this pic, it's the best of all of them:

full

The the German Army was all set up in front of that. I was experimenting to see if I could get better pics, sometimes it worked out:

full

Next came the Russians as they were the next largest army in the collection:

full

In front of them came my US Army and US Marines. The Marines are on the far right:

full

I then placed my European and Commonwealth armies on the next table:

full

Finally, I added my Japanese and Middle Eastern armies to the last table:

full

And now, the entire collection for you to inspect. I apologize for the poor quality of these pics; I did everything I could to get sharper pics using notes everyone gave me the last time I posted my collection:

full

full

full

During this time I also took advantage of the opportunity to update individual armies. You've seen the biggest ones: German, Russian and American armies since they all have their own tables, so here's some specific shots of all my smaller armies for your closer inspection.

We'll start with my British Army:

full

Here is my Australian Army:

full

my Canadian Army, everything in front of the flag:

full

my French Army:

full

My Italian Army:

full

My Swedish Army:

full

and my Polish forces:

full

Next is my Japanese Army:

full

Then my Iraqi Army:

full

My Syrian forces. The tank off to the left is a T-90 from India, I just haven't made a flag for it yet:

full

And my Egyptian Army:

full

Finally, here's my Israeli Army:

full

Just for fun after that I decided to take pics of some of my select groups of models. For instance, these two Sherman tanks with two different rocket launchers on top of their turrets:

full

Then there's these M109 Paladins:

full

Here's all my Stryker vehicles all completed:

full

This is every ambulance and fire truck I have:

full

And all my civilian vehicles from all countries:

full

And there it is, my entire collection of 900 small scale vehicles all on one set of tables. Now it's time to get started on the next 100 so I can reach my next milestone.

Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome and I appreciate all your support and compliments.

• Like 2

That is quite the display my friend! Bravo to you for such an impressive array Mark! From the tiny FT-17 to the massive Dora, that is a sight to see.

Thank you Carlos! it is indeed a sight to see. I so rarely see it too; so this was a major thrill having all of them set out to show!

• 3 weeks later...

EXCELLENT! Now this is where the beauty of a constant scale pays off. Amazing collection sir.

Can't wait until you hit 1000! 🙂 

Thank you Kevin and I totally agree with your comment about the beauty of a consistent scale! I also cannot wait until I make it to 1000!

• Like 1

WOW,WOW,WOW...JAW dropping .. that is quite an realization , and it take courage to bring all those out fir an event ..Well done MARK and keep on modeling ,you are an inspiration to us all !..

GO,GO,GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you Jean-Marc! For some reason I thought you had seen this and commented earlier.  It is an achievement decades in the making indeed. Fortunately, the Hall I displayed this collection in is close enough to my home and I have the keys to it so bringing them down was quite easy. I just hope when I reach my next milestone, I can keep them on display for much longer.

Thank you again!

..You are right but could'nt resist , it's so impressive .. I also share it with fellow club members who think I was the greatest modeler in the hole wide world, guess I lost my title now I'm the second inline now ...lol

With all the amount of work, you must be quite organize to be able to carry out this task alone, I tip my hat to the KING   !.. and keep them cominggggggg !   

Really? You shared this with the rest of your club? What did they say?

As for your title, I do believe you still retain it. You are far more qualified to hold that title than I and these are the reasons why:

-> You build in 1/48 scale which has far more parts and opportunities for additional details. I build in 1/72 scale and almost always just build what's in the box.

-> You scratch build so many parts, sub-assemblies and small items like tools, stands, chairs, etc. I don't do any of that.

-> You post lengthy posts showing a dizzying amount of progress on at least 20+ projects each week. I am lucky to post once a month with possibly 20 projects, but you surpass that by a count of three. 

Yes, I believe your title is quite secure my friend.

As for being organized, looking at my hobby room and workbench may make you doubt that. I do maintain some sense of organization by replacing everything in the box it came in (except the model if it doesn't fit anymore). That and marking off on the instructions the steps I already completed help me to jump right back into the project when I return to it.

On 4/7/2024 at 10:21 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Really? You shared this with the rest of your club? What did they say?

As for your title, I do believe you still retain it. You are far more qualified to hold that title than I and these are the reasons why:

-> You build in 1/48 scale which has far more parts and opportunities for additional details. I build in 1/72 scale and almost always just build what's in the box.

-> You scratch build so many parts, sub-assemblies and small items like tools, stands, chairs, etc. I don't do any of that.

-> You post lengthy posts showing a dizzying amount of progress on at least 20+ projects each week. I am lucky to post once a month with possibly 20 projects, but you surpass that by a count of three. 

Yes, I believe your title is quite secure my friend.

As for being organized, looking at my hobby room and workbench may make you doubt that. I do maintain some sense of organization by replacing everything in the box it came in (except the model if it doesn't fit anymore). That and marking off on the instructions the steps I already completed help me to jump right back into the project when I return to it.

CCCCCCCCCool, guess we have to keep it simple if we want to know where we are at , I also keep a list just to be sure every project get there turn and do not fall in file 13 ..I do the same as you when they do not fit in there original box, I usely get a bigger box, it's to keep the integrity of the work .. especially since I do some small stuff..

if you ever need folding chairs wood /metal type .in 1/72 . I have over 100 of them I gave the fellow who does 3D printing the wrong measurement can you believe it guess it was the excitement .lol 

Just love it , the problem with me is I just can't stop , soon I see something odd, I have the urge to do it ..So I need to have a constant flow of completed projects , it's the reason why I keep the first week of every month to concentrate on completing thing that are close to be 

You bet I show it to them , they just cound'nt believe that one individual could do all those and is able to take them all out for a ride once in a while ..Every one bow to you they say you are one of the greatest .. of course the greatest is me ..lol

Keep it upppppppppppp !

Jmarc

Thank you Jean-Marc, I will! And yes, I could easily use all those chairs, I'd be thrilled to receive them. I'll PM you with my address.

• 2 weeks later...