Italeri 1/48 S-3B Viking

jterry85

This is the third kit I've built after coming back from a long break. I tried some new techniques I hadn't tried before such as tinting the clear canopy and black basing. I used some aftermarket decals this time which gave me some trouble. I started with the red lightning bolts and learned they don't mix well with micro-sol and micro-set as they started peeling. The decals for the walkways on the wings and top of the fuselage also kept breaking and not fitting right. Overall though I am happy with the end result.

20240211_142521.jpg

20240211_142606.jpg

20240211_142636.jpg

• Like 2

That came out pretty nice! Doesn't look like you've been away from the hobby for any extended time.

That's a very nice Viking! I wouldn't have guessed you had any problems with the decals from the great looking results. I like the weathering too.... as it looks like a plane that's seen some sea duty and is ready for some shore leave! Congrats, and thanks for sharing it here!

Gil :cool:

9 hours ago, ghodges said:

That's a very nice Viking! I wouldn't have guessed you had any problems with the decals from the great looking results. I like the weathering too.... as it looks like a plane that's seen some sea duty and is ready for some shore leave! Congrats, and thanks for sharing it here!

Gil :cool:

I made good use of the strategic photo angles method 😂

• Like 2