easy build aircraft kit

davenport49

Airfix has a series of easy build "press-fit" kits that are relatively cheap and need no gluing as they go together like Lego kits do. I know we're planning to buy some for the junior modelers at Jaxcon next February.

Gil :cool:

I'll second Gil's suggestion - they have a wide range of types in the Quickbuild range. They also do some really nice starter sets of 'proper' models with paints and glue, for something a little more advanced. Check out the Airfix USA webpage: https://www.hornbyhobbies.com/shop/shop-brand/airfix?langPath=hornbyhobbies-us&filters[mandatory_filter_by][product_brand]=Airfix&page_id=120244&sort-by=8&page=1

Thanks for the suggestions, but I've considered the Airfix kits.  The Quickbuild is too much like Lego, and the starter sets may be too advanced for the two us sitting down for an afternoon.  I had a easy kit once before from a different maker, which would probably be about right.  But that was so long ago I can't remember what it was.  So, I'm still open to other suggestions.

Not sure how available they are but if you can find some of the old hawk or revell kits from the 60s that have been repackage those would be a good one day project.

Eric

You may be thinking of the old Monogram/Mattel 1/72 Snap Together kits from back in the 80s.... they were good kits designed to be put together with no glue, but they were also relatively "accurate" so that the more serious builders had a stating point to build something that hadn't been available before; like their short winged B-26B Marauder. You may be able to find some of them individually here and there, but they're long out of production to get in bulk.

image.png.733973052bbbd5122bf6e17de00a9164.png

Gil :cool: