Rubicon 1/56 Crusader Mk III

Ron Bell

This is a Crusader Mk III marked as a vehicle of the 17/21st Lancers of the 26th Armoured Bgd of the 6th Armoured Division in Tunisia in 1943. They went to North Africa with some of their vehicles still in UK camoflage, thus the overall green color. Right after Kasserine, they turned them in for Shermans. Nice kit. Rubicon has done something with this one that the "big boy kits" should copy. They have their normal one piece headlight/guards pieces, however, they provide separate headlights and a form to make the guards out of wire if you want. It greatly improves their appearance and it was simple to do. I added the fuel line from the auxiliary tank at the rear and the antennae. I also noticed in the photos that I have forgotten to paint the searchlight. I'll take care of that. The decals were a bit brittle and care needed to be taken to get them in place without damaging them, which I did in a couple places, and getting them to settle with no silvering was problematic, as can be seen in the photos. I've never had that issue with other Rubicon decals, so I don't know what the deal is. These are great kits for those who don't want to stress out about exacting details, PE parts and miniscule detail parts. 

PXL_20230926_131558187.jpg

PXL_20230926_131604508.jpg

PXL_20230926_131621149.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20230926_131635781.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice work! it wasn't the best tank in theater, but it sure has an attractive look!