Tamiya 1/72 Messerschmitt Bf-109G-6 (again).

66Foxtrot

And yet, another '109 completed. My plan is to finish as many of this kit as possible between when I started last month and the IPMS/USA National Convention. Then I will enter the 5 most "OK" ones in the "Collections" category. I figure it'll be fun to lose in a whole new category!

Improvements include:
Added rivets to entire airframe
Masked and painted all markings except gun covers and unit badges.
Quinta Studios #72037 interior decals.
Ceramic wire antenna aerial.
Anti-vibration cones molded from plasticard.
MRP acrylic lacquers airbrushed through Iwata HP-C and Custom Micron-C.

IMG_0860.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

Edited by 66Foxtrot

That’s one very sharp looking Gustav 66Fox 👍🏼 Bravo on painting nearly all of the markings yourself! That seems to be something of a growing trend.

As I said elsewhere, MOST impressive James! And that's quite the ambitious goal to get enough done for a collection considering all of the extras you're throwing into the mix. Still, if they come out near as nice as this one, you'll have no problem picking any of them to take with you! Thanks for sharing!

Gil :cool:

6 hours ago, ghodges said:

As I said elsewhere, MOST impressive James! And that's quite the ambitious goal to get enough done for a collection considering all of the extras you're throwing into the mix. Still, if they come out near as nice as this one, you'll have no problem picking any of them to take with you! Thanks for sharing!

Gil :cool:

On 5/15/2023 at 6:31 PM, Stikpusher said:

That’s one very sharp looking Gustav 66Fox 👍🏼 Bravo on painting nearly all of the markings yourself! That seems to be something of a growing trend.

Thank you Gentlemen. I hate decals so this has been a fun skillset to learn. My goal is to build as many as possible. I just ordered 5 sets of Quinta cockpit stickers directly from them in Russia, as no one else has them in stock (I may have bought them all lol). I hope they arrive quickly. 77 days....

• Like 1