Jump to content

1/350 'Refit Era' Kelvin Conversion


Recommended Posts

Well, after my 1000 scale TOS Kelvin conversion, I decided to take up a slightly more ambitions conversion project - turinging the 1/350 Polar Lights Enterprise A into what a refitted TOS kelvin might have looked like.

 

I've started drawig up a few diagrams on how I'm planning on doing this and have also started some of the conversion process such as removing the nacelle roots from the secondary hull assembly, making modifications to the neck, and I've started building a platform on whhich to build the superstructure and neck above the saucer section. I'm still not exactly sure how I want to do that part, so I'll probably wing it as I go...

 

Keep in mond, the following photos for the most part are just mockups of what the configuration will resemble...

 

The below 3 pictures show how I removed the nacelle roots using a drill - very quick and easy process...

 

DSC_3780.jpg

 

DSC_3781.jpg

 

DSC_3782.jpg

 

DSC_3782.jpg

 

Below was my initial thoughts on mounting the neck and the secondary hull above the saucer, but the contours just wouldn't allow it...

 

 

DSC_3786.jpg

 

Below is the beginnings of building up a superstructure at the rear of the saucer to mount the secondary hull with Plastruct square tube. This will eventually be covered with sheet contoured stryrene and the connecting neck...

Not sure how I will handle the impulse deck at this point, but I'm leaning towards integrating only the rear portion and covering up entirely the portion visible on the top of the saucer.

 

DSC_3787.jpg

 

DSC_3788.jpg

 

DSC_3789.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
Looking forward to this one also Mike!

 

 

It's funny you say that, because this conversion has actually morphed into something completely different.... More details to come in the coming weeks....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 years later...
×
×
  • Create New...