Jump to content

trekriffic

Member
  • Content Count

    40
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About trekriffic

  • Rank
    Assembler

Profile Information

  • FirstName
    Steve
  • LastName
    Jurgens
  • City
    Fremont
  • State
    CA
  • Gender
    Male
  1. For those of you still following this thread, I posted finished pics in a new thread here: http://forum.ipmsusa3.org/index.php?/topic/8395-uss-enterprise-ncc-1701-in-11000-scale/ Live long and prosper!
  2. Here are the finshed pics of my recently completed production series version of the most famous starship in science fiction history-the USS Enterprise! Outdoor pics taken on an overcast day to capture the actual colors. I've been told she looks much larger than actual size in the first three pics: Shots taken indoors against a neutral backdrop with "natural" lighting: On the stand: Anyone interested in this model's construction can view my build thread here: http://forum.ipmsusa...e__gopid__56178 Fo
  3. Hi everyone. Sorry not to have posted much lately. I did end up making the bulbs with brass collars for the stern strobes: I also did the following... 1) Added the tiny lights that go above the bussard dome collars. They light up too.: 2) Finished the spine lights over the hangar bay: 3) Shaped and filed the tiny teardrop-shaped lights outboard of the flashers on the upper saucer: 4) Replaced the round nipples on either side of the bridge deck with clear red acrylic rod so they light up: 5) Drilled holes and added the tiny lights that can be seen on the s
  4. No. That kit appears to have died on the vine I'm afraid.
  5. The hangar bay was scratch built Bill. It's lit with a green rectangular LED in the forward bulkhead, 4 spot lights along the base of the inboard wall, and one "tractor beam" LED in the center of the floor. Here are some in progress shots of it: Fiber optic spotlights: Test fitting (the other bay is the onboard battery box): Lit up: Tractor bean emitter installed and lit:: Talon fighter (in progress) in bay: You can see all the WIP pics on this build here: http://s146.photobuc...!cpZZ7QQtppZZ36
  6. Here are some more pics of the hangar bay and fighters:
  7. This is my build of the re-issued AMT Romulan Bird-Of-Prey kit completed after about 9 months of work. The kit was extensively modified in an effort to more closely approximate the look and feel of the studio model. Most of the changes involved lengthening the hull and flattening the aft angle of the upper cupola, shortening and adjusting the angle of the wings for a more forward tilt, adding a stepped rim and angle to the hull perimeter with styrene tubing and sheet, drilling and filing out round windows and square sensor ports then framing the openings with brass tubing, construction of a
  8. Updates from last weekend... So after work last Friday night I skipped (errrr... make that strode purposefully) out to the garage and spent about an hour on the old girl. First thing I wanted to do before spraying her with Testors black enamel was to drill holes for the lights on the spine over the shuttle bay and the tops of the bussard collars. I figured it would be easier to see what I was drilling against a gray exterior as opposed to one painted black. For the spine lights, I drew a line down the center of a piece of Tamiya masking tape and using my drafting calipers took measureme
  9. Musings on the next steps...So I was checking for light bleed the other night and noticed some minor leakage around the rim of the bussards. I'll sort that out by applying some more Mr Surfacer with a brush. This will be followed by some light sanding with 600 grit paper and even finer grit polishing pads. Then I'll shoot the entire model with a coat of Testors flat black before I airbrush the first basecoat of Shady Cove enamel. Using the airbrush should allow me the control I need to have some of the black showing thru to leave faint weathering streaks. After the initial coat dries I'll be
  10. Curses! Foiled again! Top notch work!
  11. I grew up when all the moon missions were going on and I absolutely love this! Well done sir!
  12. Pics from this past weekend... Masked and ready for the first coat of primer: I wasn't satisfied with just using a decal for the impulse engine vents so I cut a piece of thin styrene sheet using an impulse engine from another 1/1000 kit as a template to trace the outline. Then I and cut out the rectangles with an exacto thin chisel blade and drilled the tiny center hole before gluing it to the face of the kit part. This is a nice improvement in my opinion and really defines the vent openings: After priming I noticed several spots that needed more sanding so I dobbed on re
  13. Funny! I'd thoguht about taking a few more pics with a Martian poking it's head out from behind the rocks but never got around to it. Here's another pic of the two ships side-by-side:
  14. The TWA Mars Liner is lit. Here's the lighting assembly made from booklight parts and an empty xacto blade tube:: The booklight:
×
×
  • Create New...