Sentinel?

TommyJ

I am interested in the space theme, but making models of rockets is trivial. I would like to try making my own satellite. Or a space tug. Or another payload for a rocket. Maybe someone has done something similar already? I will be grateful.
I like Sentinel-6. But maybe it has already been done, I would not like to repeat it.

As far as I know; on the many forums I frequent; I have not seen anyone doing a scratch build of Sentinal-6. I would be interested in seeing your efforts; when you start, I do hope you'll post your progress here. I'd love to watch and learn from your skills.

Don't know about Sentinal 6, but if you do a search for 'NASA, card model". There are quite a few waiting to be built/scratched. What I do is use the card parts as templates for a build in styrene. Since many satellites are basically boxes and rods, many can be easily scratch built.

EDIT:  easy to find - -  https://tdglobal.ksc.nasa.gov/servlet/sm.web.Fetch/Sentinel-6_Michael_Freilich_Spacecraft_Paper_Model_Cutout.pdf?rhid=1003&did=49711&type=released

Looks pretty easy to convert to sheet styrene. 😉  HTH

9 hours ago, Roktman said:

Don't know about Sentinal 6, but if you do a search for 'NASA, card model". There are quite a few waiting to be built/scratched. What I do is use the card parts as templates for a build in styrene. Since many satellites are basically boxes and rods, many can be easily scratch built.

EDIT:  easy to find - -  https://tdglobal.ksc.nasa.gov/servlet/sm.web.Fetch/Sentinel-6_Michael_Freilich_Spacecraft_Paper_Model_Cutout.pdf?rhid=1003&did=49711&type=released

Looks pretty easy to convert to sheet styrene. 😉  HTH

Then it won't be unique. Although it's still interesting. Thanks for the link. I'll try to make a paper one. If I like it, then I'll try to make it from other materials. Thanks for the idea. I found another company that is testing small multipurpose space tugs. It may turn out to make a model of real dimensions.

Actually, I already made a cardboard model over the weekend. Unfortunately, I cannot attach a photo. The phone died.
This does not cause the desire to make the model from more interesting materials. Maybe I need to paint it ...
I'll try to make a rocket model next weekend. It shouldn't be very difficult