Best Model Kit for: P-40D Warhawk ?

schooner

Hi Guys ( Newbie Here )

I really like the look of that P-40D Warhawk Fighter Plane.

Do any of you GREAT GUYS know what's BEST model company

that produces this Plastic Model ?

I'll take a wild guess maybe Revell ?

Like I said I don't know what's the best Model Kit 4 this plane.

Need your knowledge as to there is such a model out there ?

1966 Ford Mustang Convert..htm

Edited by schooner

You won't find a P-40D, per se....but its equivalent is the P-40E Warhawk.

I can't speak to 1/72 scale, as I don't build that small.

In 1/48 AND 1/32, the Hasagawa kits are considered to be some of the best. They give you very good detailing and good fitting parts. They're more expensive than the cheaper, older P-40Es made by Revell and Otaki, but you get what you pay for.

By the way, IF by chance you're looking for a "Flying Tiger" P-40, that would more likely be a P-40B, and not an "E". The best 1/48 P-40B is the new kit by Airfix, which is still working its way to American hobby shops from England, but should be here in the coming weeks. The older Academy P-40B is good, but not prefect. The old Monogram/Revell P-40B is a good basic build, but lacks detailing compared to the newer kits, and will have worse fit since the molds are 50+yrs old. In 1/32, the best P-40B would be the Trumpeter kit.

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Ray,

Welcome to our hobby. I've noticed across several topics here on the Forum that you have a lot of basic questions about the how to's of the hobby. This is a good place to get the answers, but I'd also like to suggest that you visit one of the two Las Vegas chapters. You can find out more about them at:

http://calendar.ipmsusa3.org/chapter/ipms-red-flag-scale-modelers-0

and

http://http://www.ipmslv.org

I think you'll be surprised at how much you can learn in one place.

Good luck!

You won't find a P-40D, per se....but its equivalent is the P-40E Warhawk.

I can't speak to 1/72 scale, as I don't build that small.

In 1/48 AND 1/32, the Hasagawa kits are considered to be some of the best. They give you very good detailing and good fitting parts. They're more expensive than the cheaper, older P-40Es made by Revell and Otaki, but you get what you pay for.

By the way, IF by chance you're looking for a "Flying Tiger" P-40, that would more likely be a P-40B, and not an "E". The best 1/48 P-40B is the new kit by Airfix, which is still working its way to American hobby shops from England, but should be here in the coming weeks. The older Academy P-40B is good, but not prefect. The old Monogram/Revell P-40B is a good basic build, but lacks detailing compared to the newer kits, and will have worse fit since the molds are 50+yrs old. In 1/32, the best P-40B would be the Trumpeter kit.

GIL :smiley16:

Hey Gil

THANKS 4 your reply. It certainly helps to know what and where to buy - Thanks 2 great guys like yourself. I will hurt out some of the info & suggestions you made and will make my purchase.

Thanks again

GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS