'66 Gto

MikeH

This one really helped end a big slump. I got the inspiration from my Muscle Machines magazine cover when it hit the mailbox. INSTANT inspiration. The paint is Tamiya titanium gold, with the Testors vinyl top system for the roof. I added the drip rails along the bottom portion of the back B pillars as they weren't molded in. I also plumbed and wired the engine for some detail and used Pro Tech wire looms. The interior wood grain was hand-painted by me and I used Detail Master parts for the seat belt buckles. Unfortunately my bare metal foil's shelf life was about up and caused me problems at the end of it. Thanks for looking. :)

DSC03858.jpg

DSC03793.jpg

DSC03781.jpg

DSC03773.jpg

DSC03775.jpg

I absolutely love this car ... and your model of it! The first car I owned was a 1966 Pontiac Tempest Custom with the Sprint Option package. Mine was Solar Red with vinyl top and black trim stripes. The only real body difference between the GTO and the Tempest Custom was the two levels of trim and grille/taillight upgrades. While I liked that car, I traded it two years later for a 1968 GTO convertible. You captured the look of the Naugahyde seat material perfectly. Four on the floor with the Hurst shifter (do I see the shift pattern in white on the black shifter knob?). I always wore my factory equipped lap belts when driving this car, and the habit continues today in whatever I am driving.

I take it this is the Revell kit. The AMT version was the 1967 GTO.

Ed

Guest Bun E. Carlos

OUTSTANDING............. MORE!!!!!!!!! Got a Challenger?????

Just a little side bar...............the KING SPEED SHOP was located a few blocks from me.......it was they that had a Car that ran at US 30 that was called "The Judge." They won the lawsuit whem GM issued The Goat with THE JUDGE markings :)

I absolutely love this car ... and your model of it! The first car I owned was a 1966 Pontiac Tempest Custom with the Sprint Option package. Mine was Solar Red with vinyl top and black trim stripes. The only real body difference between the GTO and the Tempest Custom was the two levels of trim and grille/taillight upgrades. While I liked that car, I traded it two years later for a 1968 GTO convertible. You captured the look of the Naugahyde seat material perfectly. Four on the floor with the Hurst shifter (do I see the shift pattern in white on the black shifter knob?). I always wore my factory equipped lap belts when driving this car, and the habit continues today in whatever I am driving.

I take it this is the Revell kit. The AMT version was the 1967 GTO.

Ed

Thank you for the kind words guys. Ed, the shift pattern does not exist on the shifter knob. May be photo lighting. You are correct, this is the Revell kit and a GREAT kit. I highly recommend it.

Bun - I don't have a Challenger, but I do have a Daytona.

Really nice work. It funny how an event or picture can set off a project quest. I get a lot of ideas and motivation from car and air shows. In this case you nailed the colors. If we could just make ourselves small enough to get in there....

Great job thanks for posting

Chris

That Revell kit is wonderful to build. You did an excellent job. Especially with the paint and the engine bay. Does that car on the cover really have red wheel wells?

Glenn

That Revell kit is wonderful to build. You did an excellent job. Especially with the paint and the engine bay. Does that car on the cover really have red wheel wells?

Glenn

Yes it does. I didn't paint mine that way though. From what I've heard/read, the red wheel wells were a factory thing that came with certain makes/red-line tires.