Last two Revell SAMs

Ron Bell

These are the last two Revell 1950's SAMS in my collection. The first is the Homing All the Way Killer, or Hawk. I have read that this was actually the old Renwall kit that Revell took over and released under their name, but I couldn't swear to that, although I did swear AT it while building it. Several times as a matter of fact. Adams also did helicopter and tracked transporters for re-loads. I don't know how much all these kits were "related", but this one was a HIstory Makers re-release.

DSCN2810.jpg

DSCN2811.jpg

And the final one, the piece de resistance if you will, is the Terrier. This kit is super rare and I may have broken several laws in actually building it, but I don't care. I found it on Ebay and paid a pretty penny for it, but not as much as I thought I might have to. It's a Terrier Mk I complete with shipboard launcher and seaman fiddling with some gauges in some sort of rack that would never be on deck as far as I can tell. In looking for color references, I found very few photos of the Mk I in use and the Mk II differed significantly. And to complicate matters, the Terrier was soon superceded by the Talos, which used the same launcher. The Terrier was never re-released under any guise. It might be one of those models with damaged molds, etc. Anyhoo. here it is.

DSCN2808.jpg

DSCN2809.jpg

Check out some pics of White Sands Museum..... at http://www.ipmsusa3.org/gallery/v/walkarounds/armorshowsandmuseums/White+Sands/

If I recall there are some Sam Shots within...