MQ-9 Reaper UAV (1/72 SkunkModels Kit)

Highlander

Have just started this kit and it has several typical issues of what appears to be a startup company ... linked to Lucky Models, it seems. Soft plastic, fit issues (particularly with the wheel wells), and vague or imprecise instructions. But, with some filling and repair, it should be a good end product.

In researching Reapers, it seems that the wheel wells, being carbon fibre, are flat black. Has anybody determined the landing struts's color? Prop color? Any other color variations on the solid ghost grey indicated by the instructions?

Appreciate any info.

The only "research" I've ever done was a couple of years ago when I got stuck judging a category of nothing but drones at the Nats! As best I can recall, it was an endless sea of gray planes on spidery black landing gear. I remember what struck me was how "plastic" the gear looked, being all black, along with their tires. I do not recall the gear bays being anything but gray, but a few could have been painted black. How is this relevant? I figure at least some of those builders did their research! Best of luck!

GIL :smiley16:

I see the real thing every day. They are all light grey with grey struts. I'll try and get a few pictures for you if you like.

Edited by sumterIII