2012 San Diego Model Expo & Swap Meet

Hi all - The San Diego Model Expo and Swap Meet is coming this Saturday June 2nd, 2012 starting at 8am vendor area, Model Regisration starts at 9 am. It is located at The San Deigo Air and Space Museum Annex at Gillespie Field, 335 kenny Street, El Cajon, Ca. 92020. This event is put on by San Diego IPMS, San Diego Model Car Club and San Diego Air and Space Museum. There will be 15 Car Model classes as well as all the usual IPMS Military classes. Special Themes are 100 years of Marine Aviation and 100 years of Chevrolet. In addition to all this the Wings over Gillespie Air Show is also this weekend and you can view the Air Show from the Model Expo or you can drive a short distance to the Air Show entrance. This is a great show with a lot of both Military and Car Model Vendors with a Air Show for Free! Dan King

Mike - There is no entrance to the grounds of the Air Show from Kenney Street [ it is on the "wrong" side of the Airport] so we have never had a serous parking problem with the Model Show. I do not remember how many years the Air Show and Model show have been on the same weekend [ maybe 6 to 8?] but I have never had a parking problem. The Air show has a huge parking lot on the south side of the airport and is close to the Airshow entrance. The drive from the model show to the airshow is maybe 3 minutes, you could walk it if you were in good shape [ that leaves me out!]. Dan

I'll be there. Is there a link to anyplace I can download entry forms for this? Oh, and if you can, I'll need a space about 6 and a half feet long by 6 inches wide for my Panzerzug BP-44 armored train. I hope this won't be a problem?

Mark - Space is a real Problem at this show. It would be a good idea to contact Show coordinator Rich Durham or our Prez, Rex McCoy tp make arramgments. Thier contact info is on the IPMS San Diego web page listed on IPMS Nationial home page and go to "chapters". I hope you can show this, i would love to see it! Dan