Ralph Nardone

Howdy, all...

A co-worker of mine brought me some of his father's pictures from WWII--he was a B-24 pilot attached to the 739th Bombardment Squadron, 454th Bombardment Group, based in San Giovanni, Italy. In one photo, the crew is standing behind a B-24L-5-FO, but that's not the airplane I'm interested in--of course, not, I have a full view of the S/N, researched it, and found that it wound up with another BG...that would be too easy, right?

The airplane of interest was named "Midnight Curfew" or "Midnite Curfew", and possible had some sort of pin-up nose art. This was recited from memory by the man that flew the airplane, but not confirmed--the man is near blind, has prostate cancer, and can't remember breakfast, but has vivid (I'm told) memories of his service days.

That's all I know right now--I have no serial number or even a subtype to run with (yet). Scott's moving his dad to a nursing home, so he's starting to pack up his dad's personal effects. As he digs stuff up, he's sharing it with me--and I'm fairly sure that what I need lurks within the dusty boxes of his dad's wartime collection of stuff. In the meantime, can anybody point me to some sources? I've scoured the interwebs, and will continue to do so, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I've already navigated--or tried to, to the best of my ability--the BestWeb B-24 site, the 15th AF site, and anything else I could Google on the 454BG/739BS.

Cheers!

Ralph

• 2 weeks later...