The Count Increases... Now 587

Mark Deliduka

That's right. With these final three armor models I have brought my collection of small scale armor models up to 587 pieces. Wow, 13 more and I'll have 600 finished!

Anyway, on to these last ones for 2011. Two of them are Jeeps from Dragon. One is sporting a .50 caliber machine gun and the other has two bazookas. Here they are:

US_Army_Armored_Jeep_50cal_I.JPG

US_Army_Armored_Jeep_50cal_II.JPG

US_Army_Armored_Jeep_AT_I.JPG

US_Army_Armored_Jeep_AT_II.JPG

In addition to these two, I also managed to complete another SA-2 Guideline SAM launcher. Four more and I'll have a full battery:

Russian_SA_2_Guidline_SAM_I.JPG

And there they are, my last armor models from 2011. I also finished one aircraft that is shown in the Aircraft Forums as well. Feel free to check it out.

Meanwhile, Happy New Year and thanks for looking in!

Mark,

Whatever happen to the photo shoot for AMPS Boresight? I just received the latest copy and again nothing. Do you know what issue it will be in?

Chris

Chris, that photo shoot is supposed to be in the AMPS Special Edition Braille Scale only issue. Nobody knows when it is supposed to come out. The editor is still waiting for more Braille Scale articles he can add to it. I'm thinking that by the time the issue finally comes out, I'll have completed over 600 small scale armor models, making that photo spread outdated!

My guess, try looking for it next year.....

Mark,

Whatever happen to the photo shoot for AMPS Boresight? I just received the latest copy and again nothing. Do you know what issue it will be in?

Chris

Chris, that photo shoot is supposed to be in the AMPS Special Edition Braille Scale only issue. Nobody knows when it is supposed to come out. The editor is still waiting for more Braille Scale articles he can add to it. I'm thinking that by the time the issue finally comes out, I'll have completed over 600 small scale armor models, making that photo spread outdated!

My guess, try looking for it next year.....

Mark, how are you painting them? The Jeeps' paint jobs, especially in the 4th photo, looks very thick. Are you using an airbrush, paint brush or spray can?

I haven't picked up a Dragon Jeep kit to see the level of detail, so I don't know if the paint just pooled in the rear corner of the front fender or if the detail of the kit is soft in that area.

Rob, in this case, I brush painted them with what I thought was a slightly thinned out paint. My airbrush blew these off the table. I should have taped them down, and kept going but I was out of tape and had no time to get more.

I'll be seeing about getting these fixed up. And no, these are not soft on detail; it was paint that pooled.