SCOTTCON 2011, Warner Robins, GA

Anyone planning to attend?

What: SCOTTCON 2011

Theme: 1911 – 2011: A Century of Progress

Where: Museum of Aviation

Ga Hwy 247 and Russell Parkway

Warner Robins, GA 31088

Lat/Long N32.59184 W83.586302 (for the GPS dependant)

Date: Saturday 04 Jun, 2011

Time: 9:00AM 4:00PM

Hosts: IPMS Gen RL Scott Chapter and the Museum of Aviation

Check out the contest website for POCs, categories, special theme categories, registration, directions and other details.

Contest Website: http://ipmsrlscottcontest.webs.com

Also be sure to check out the Museum website at http://www.museumofaviation.org/ . It is the Second Largest Museum in the USAF Museum System so there's plenty to see and do while the contest is going on.

Thanks for looking!

Jay

I hope to be there, but you never know with work schedules always changing

• 2 weeks later...

Great, Rob!

Look forward to seeing you. Hate to have you at the expense of the ATL contest, though. Sorry to see that you had to canx. Ya'll always put on a good show. Hopefully, we can get you your museum/plastic/contest fix though.

See ya in June,

Jay

Edited by JBarfoot

• 1 month later...

Hi ya'll,

Sorry, it took so long to get back here but other things took precedence. First, thanks to all who participated in the contest: contestants, vendors and visitors. Without ya'll, the contest wouldn't be possible. We tried to make contest as enjoyable as we could and hope we succeeded. We had a good time and hope you did too. Our next club meeting is this Tuesday and i'll have better fidelity on the numbers, winners, more pictures, etc. I'll post them when I get them. In the meantime, you can go here for the preliminary pictures I've posted.

Regards,

Jay

Any idea on the # of model entries and # of entrants attending? # of vendor tables?

Tony Abbott

IPMS#31768

Tony,

Official count on the number of contestants and model entries are 57 and 215 respectively. I didn't get an exact count of vendor tables from the show director but the last I had about a week prior was 52.

Jay