Returning after 30 years away from IPMS

Greetings fellow scale modelers.  It has been far too long since being a member, good to be back.  I have been scale modeling for over 40 years.  I prefer to model in 1/25 & 1/24 scale, although do enjoy 1/35 vehicles from time to time.  I mostly build class 8 trucks, off highway mining & logging equipment, super haul trucks, some trailers, heavy machinery and so on.   I work mostly in ABS, brass, resin and styrene, but have used paper, wood, elastomers, aluminum and certain alloys as the work defined.  I have done commission work in the past, but have only been building for myself since 2008.  

Occasionally I build figures in 1/12 & 1/16, aircraft (civilian) in 1/72, WW2 military aircraft in 1/48, 1/32 & 1/24.  Single largest scale model to date, 1/8 Trojan front end loader & 1/3 Lagun Vertical Mill.

I am a journeyman industrial model maker with over 35 years in the trade, and am currently teaching the craft at a local college.  Nothing has been as rewarding as teaching this craft to others who show interest in continuing applying the knowledge.   

Cheers

Rick

Mill right caliper.JPG

• Like 1

Welcome back to the IPMS! I'm glad you're here and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

• Like 1

Glad to have you here once more! Sounds like you not only have some unique skills, but also some unique subjects to post in the forums below! Make yourself at home and let us know how we can make your modeling more fun. Looking forward to seeing what you've built and will build here!

Gil :cool:

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 9:22 PM, ghodges said:

Glad to have you here once more! Sounds like you not only have some unique skills, but also some unique subjects to post in the forums below! Make yourself at home and let us know how we can make your modeling more fun. Looking forward to seeing what you've built and will build here!

Gil :cool:

I posted more on the Vertical Mill model in the miscellaneous category.  

• Like 1