The Duke Completes Two More in December

Mark Deliduka

Here at the end of the year, we managed to get another couple models over the finish line. 

First is this ancient Matchbox 1/72 scale F-6F Hellcat done up as a bird serving in the Fleet Air Arm. I already have a US Navy one so I jumped at the chance to add this to my British aircraft collection:

full

full

full

Yes, the propeller looks like it's sagging, sometimes it does that. Normally it sits right when I have it on my shelf.

Next is this MPM very short run kit of a Sikorsky R-4D serving in the USAAF in 1946. It had vacu-formed canopy parts; four in total. This was my first time ever doing a multi-part canopy with vac-formed clear parts so it ain't the best looking bird in the collection. The main rotor looks off in a couple pics; that is an optical illusion from the camera angle in one case, the other time it shifted when I moved the model for the next pic. This is also a shelf queen started back in 2010:

full

full

full

Thank you Gil for the awesome instructions for the vac-formed canopy. I spent a good amount of time trying to get that as straight and complete as I could, it ain't the best, but I'm happy with the results of my first time doing a multi-piece vac formed canopy.

Those two now complete the production for this year. Now I'll go get started on my Pass in Review. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.