The Duke Finishes Two Aircraft in November

Mark Deliduka

Over the two weeks before Thanksgiving, I was able to complete two aircraft. They're not done, but they are done. There are a couple parts missing or things not done that I can't fix, so until I find replacements or figure out what to do, they are being declared done.

First is this RPM 1/72 scale Russian Be-4 float plane used on Russian cruisers and battleships in WWII. It is an odd little bird and this was a very short run kit, but it is finished:

full

full

full

I had to raise the center pylon which lead to me lengthening the support braces and so I should also have lengthened the outrigger pontoons. I probably will someday, but for now, it is being supported in these pics with a pair of tweezers.

Next up is a Hasegawa 1/72 scale Spitfire Mk.VIII. I lost one of the wing guns, and the tip off the other, but everything else is complete. Therefore I'm calling this done rather than leave it on the Shelf of Doom because of a couple parts. Also, I only got one shot of this, all other attempts to shoot more ground-eye-view pics failed so here it is:

full

That's all I have for now, Now to go post my finished armor for this month. Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Good work, especially overcoming the problem of the too low wing that would have had the prop swinging through the canopy! The shelf of display is as good a place as the shelf of doom if and when you ever want to revisit them for more work. Congrats!

Gil :cool:

Thank you Gil! Yes, I didn't like the fact that the wing was so low. I should have paid more attention though and lengthened the wing supports and outrigger pontoons. Like you said, I can revisit this later and improve it. For now, I'm thrilled to have it off my workbench.

23 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Thank you Jean-Marc! I'm glad I got that Russian Be-4 completed; it is a truly unique and different subject for my collection.

Stay tuned, more coming soon.

YYYYYYYYYes SIR !...I'm getting an LARGE POP-CORN and Dr Pepper in mid-time !... Go,go,goooooooo