Eduard 1/72 Bf-109F-2

66Foxtrot

Eduard 1/72 Bf-109F-2. Built OOB, airbrushed with MRP acrylic lacquers. Ceramic wire antenna. Weathered with a simple Payne's Gray oil wash.

IMG_2525.JPG

IMG_2526.JPG

IMG_2527.JPG

IMG_2529.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_2531.JPG

IMG_2531.jpg2.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg2.jpg

2 hours ago, ghodges said:

Very nice! Excellent camo which I'm guessing is Eastern Front? Also, is the oil wash you're using water soluble, and if not, what are you using to remove the excess! Thanks for sharing!

Gil :cool:

Thanks Gil. Eastern Front is correct.

The wash is Winsor-Newton tube oil diluted with Mineral Spirits. Once it dries I just wipe it off with a Q-Tip or paper towel.

Edited by 66Foxtrot
  • Like 1

Thanks James! Sorry to persist, but since it's an oil wash, how long are you letting it dry? Also, I take it to mean you used a dry paper towel to wipe off the excess, or is it damp with the same mineral spirits?

James, it is a thrill to see your masterful work again! Magnificent job on that plane!

I use the same type of oil wash, Windsor Newton oils mixed in Mona Lisa thinner.

Keep them coming James!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 12:22 PM, ghodges said:

Thanks James! Sorry to persist, but since it's an oil wash, how long are you letting it dry? Also, I take it to mean you used a dry paper towel to wipe off the excess, or is it damp with the same mineral spirits?

Hi Gil,

I just wait a couple of minutes until it's dry...usually less than 10. Dry Q-Tip or towel.

• Like 1