AEROSAN RF-8 in 1/48 scale

Jmarc

Such a funky and VERY Russian vehicle. This looks great!

On 8/17/2023 at 7:30 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Stupendous work! I've done some similar vehicles in 1/72 scale. Very toy like compared to these masterpieces!

Thank you .you are way to kind for my ego ..Of course when you are working in smaller scale , it's a little difficult to add details , but I'm sure yours are as nice as mine !.. show us some pics !! 

On 8/19/2023 at 9:05 AM, Jmarc said:

Thank you .you are way to kind for my ego ..Of course when you are working in smaller scale , it's a little difficult to add details , but I'm sure yours are as nice as mine !.. show us some pics !! 

Jean-Marc, I have had some posted some years back. I will see what I can find to post again.

Say, I have a quick question - were the aerosan interiors finished with clear varnish or some other paint?  I know a lot of them used plywood for body panels with steel plate on the fronts.  Being Soviet Russian, I figure they would have done the minimum to finish/protect the interior.

On 8/23/2023 at 3:21 PM, Neo said:

Say, I have a quick question - were the aerosan interiors finished with clear varnish or some other paint?  I know a lot of them used plywood for body panels with steel plate on the fronts.  Being Soviet Russian, I figure they would have done the minimum to finish/protect the interior.

Sure, the wood paint is done using HUMBROL #62 and 63 over a flat white base ! Do not hesitate if you have any other question ! 

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/29/2023 at 2:33 PM, Jmarc said:

CCCCCCCCCCCOOL !..I'll be here waiting !!

Well, I went looking for these pics and found out my wi8fe had inadvertently erased everything taken with my camera over the past ten years. I'll have to try and get new pics taken. Stay tuned.

4 hours ago, Mark Deliduka said:

Well, I went looking for these pics and found out my wi8fe had inadvertently erased everything taken with my camera over the past ten years. I'll have to try and get new pics taken. Stay tuned.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII surely will but hurry up cause I never know when I'll be crossing over...lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2023 at 1:39 PM, Jmarc said:

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII surely will but hurry up cause I never know when I'll be crossing over...lol

Okay, here are two of them that I did find. The second one is a kitbash of one with the top open and a Boys rifle mounted for defense against light tanks.

Soviet_Aerosan_RF-8_GAZ_98K_I.jpg

Soviet_Aerosan_RF-8_GAZ_98K_II.jpg

Soviet_Armored_Aerosan_NKL-16_41_W-Boys_I.jpg

Soviet_Armored_Aerosan_NKL-16_41_W-Boys_II.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 1:20 AM, Mark Deliduka said:

Okay, here are two of them that I did find. The second one is a kitbash of one with the top open and a Boys rifle mounted for defense against light tanks.

Soviet_Aerosan_RF-8_GAZ_98K_I.jpg

Soviet_Aerosan_RF-8_GAZ_98K_II.jpg

Soviet_Armored_Aerosan_NKL-16_41_W-Boys_I.jpg

Soviet_Armored_Aerosan_NKL-16_41_W-Boys_II.jpg

Super cool and I tough I was the only crazy guy's who do these thing , I like the red/white bars on the engine , it's something I should have tough to !...

Jmarc

Thank you. The red and white on the bars was to keep soldiers from walking into the running blades. I have one more I'm working on, gotta see if I can get more done on it soon.

On 10/18/2023 at 6:40 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

Thank you. The red and white on the bars was to keep soldiers from walking into the running blades. I have one more I'm working on, gotta see if I can get more done on it soon.

Thanks for the info ...interesting..AH RIGHT ,i'll be looking forward to see it !

On 10/18/2023 at 3:40 PM, Mark Deliduka said:

"comrade... hold my vodka..."

😉