Member contact information

davenport49

Recently I sent out 9 letters based on member contact information I received from my regional coordinator.  One letter came back as 'undeliverable'.  One person replied that he hadn't been a member of IPMS since 2015.  For a third, a family member notified me he'd died two years ago!  Understand, my concern is not with the regional coordinator; he's been helpful and responsive.  My concern is that our membership information (addresses, current status, etc.) could be so inaccurate as to have a 33% error rate.  Does anyone have insight?

Please contact our office manager as she is the keeper of that list. There are many rasons why such things could occur ranging from just not telling us of a change up to human error. Please be part of the solution and let her know at manager@ipmsusa.org

This is precisely why most RCs will ask the Chapters in their Region to carefully review the Charter Renewal Fact Sheet rather than just rubber stamp it and send it back.  Frankly, I can't see how a Chapter can be rechartered if the Chapter Contact information the RC has is incorrect--if the CC doesn't get the paperwork, how can they recharter?  And if the RC knows the CC info on file is no longer accurate, then it is on the RC to correct it.

I appreciate your input, Ralph.  But my situation is locating IPMS members in an area with no chapter.  I assumed that the national office would have up-to-date membership status and contact information, especially mailing addresses, for every member in the country.  Apparently, that is not the case.  I'm surprised.

Thanks also to Ron; I passed along the information as you suggested.

Hi Richard, I sent an email to you in response to your concerns about the spreadsheet that you were provided and working from.  Column B of that spreadsheet indicated the expiration date of the membership, if someone does not renew or passes away I am not notified that they move and many cases I am not notified if someone passes away.

Marie Van Schoonhoven

Office Manager

IPMS?USA

Thank you, Marie, for the explanation.  I see now that I didn't know the significance of Column B in the data I received.  With that, I completely understand what happened.  Thank you for taking the time to respond.