Dragon Hummel Panzer Iv

Mark Aldrich

Hello All,

I was test fitting my bogies on the undercarriage and they all have a terrible outward toe to them. Did anyone else have this problem? Did I assemble something wrong? The parts 38/39(mounts) appear flush and correct.

Is this the new revised one? I know the current panzer IV's that have the one piece bogies are like that. What I usually do is sit by the stove and carefully boil some water and dip them in for a couple of seconds(not much more or you risk melting them) and place them on the model and very carefully bend them 'till it looks right. But make sure every wheel pin is level. or else you run the risk of crooked wheels. Hope this helps.

Mike and Gil,

Thanks on the notice. Glad to know that I am not completely losing my mind. I didn't want to exaggerate too badly on the toeing but, yes it is really noticeable. It has been a long time since I built any Dragon German armor. Trumpeter's Bruckenleger panzer didn't have this issue so I was worried it was me. Scary to pay $57.00 for a kit and have such a BASIC part of the kit be so malfed up. Not sure I understand the hot water method but I might give that a try this weekend. Scared of ruining the undercarriage and having no spares to fix it.

I check my stash of kits again and I think its the bottom pin that is holding the whole thing out. you may need to trim it just a hair, also check to see if the bogies are level on the glueing side.

My parts only have a large and small pin. No lower or upper. The back side of the bogies are flat ad straight. I am thinking it is those 38 and 39 parts. on some the bogies toe out more that others. Doesn't matter which bogie I put on it.

Yeah, Panzer IV, I meant...

About the hull - I'm thinking that might be the problem. Remember how the Tiger kits had slightly inward bent hull sides (I know this is resolves itself when the rear hull is installed). I'm thinking the same might be the case with some of the Pz. IV hulls.

yeah, I put several styrene tubes to compensate. If I remember somebody on some review forum also mentioned the inward bow of the hull on the Pz IV.

Well, if it's the hull I'm hosed. It is all closed up. I put the bogies on an glued them to what I thought was straight. We'll see when the road wheels get added tomorrow.

Mud? I don't need no sticking mud! Actually, I keep telling myself to try more diorama ideas. But then I also keep telling myself I am going to win the lottery.

Guest Bun E. Carlos

Tell ya a secret...........ALL of my bases I get at the Local Goodwill Store............a little Celluclay with water and some white glue will keep you in bases for over a year. The trick is the oil wash on the ground work..........come out great every time!!! You'll NEVER want another Model on a plain base again!!!!!!!