Paint question for car guys

I know many of you use OEM paint on your cars, question is do you use an airbrush and if so what thinner do you use with the brand of paint?

It depends - a lot of folks use scale model brands like MCW and Zero Paints which are color matched to OEM (and racing livery) paints. MCW used to do spray cans, but I have not looked at them in a while, but Zero Paints are airbrush only. They have a thinner you can buy, but I think you can use standard lacquer thinner too.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

I need a little help for a 1969 and 1970 Dodge and Plymouth colors. The MCW site list colors with their own color numbers but these do not match 1 for 1 with OEM codes. What I'm looking for is 1969 Chr code DT3334 or car code R4. The 1970 Plymouth Chr code is DT8459 or car code EB5 Blue Fire Met.

Hemi Orange code was DT5165 or car code V2.

Not sure if the 440 Mag engine used Hemi Orange or a standard red. My memory of the engines at that time is not good but seems to me they were red.

Can anyone please help?

Edited by sumterIII

got this from Dave at MCW this morning. Blue Fire Met. is number 6960 and Charger Red is the same color as number 6861 Bright Red.