One Month to Valleycon 22 (Chicopee MA)

We are now four weeks out from Valleycon 22, Wings & Wheels Modelers annual contest. We feature Open Judging in figure, diorama, ship, Space/sci-fi/scratchbuilt/conversion, miscellaneous armor and junior categories. For those not familiar with this method, each item is judged on its own merits and the builder will be awarded a gold, silver or bronze award commensurate with his/her skill, regardless of what is in the class. Cars and planes will be judged in the standard IPMS style: first, second and third, in one on one competition. We also have 13 special awards sponsored by individual club members.

Due to increased demand, we have reconfigured the vendor room and adding several spaces and adding another 6 tables in the contest room for a total of 69 vendor tables. There are 27 vendors plus our club table. For a list of vendors and their websites, please click here.

This year, we will provide entrant who download and prefill their registration forms 5 free raffle tickets. The forms can be downloaded at this link..

The Knights of Columbus will again be providing an on-site lunch menu.

For those who need to travel, there are numerous hotels and motels in Chicopee and West Springfield, minutes from the venue. The site is convenient to I-90 (the Mass Pike), I-91 and I-391 in the shadow of Westover Air Reserve base.